When it comes time to facilitate an extension, refurbishment, or renovation, it’s in your best interest to evaluate your options from an investment perspective, especially if your primary goal is to increase your home’s listing price:
- Converting your garage into a den, bedroom, or alternative living space can add anywhere from £5,000-£10,000 to your home’s resale value.
- The typical return on investment from an extension or bump out is approximately 72%, which means that a £13,000 kitchen extension can increase your next appraisal by more than £9,000.
- A new roof or re-roofing project will allow you to recoup up to 75% of the initial contractor fees, and contemporary roofing solutions can last up to 30 years with minimal maintenance.
- Installing new windows will provide an 85% ROI, and you’ll be able to decrease your annual utility expenditures by about £400 depending on the size of your property.
However, if you’re ready to start reinvesting money back into your home, it’s important to ensure that you’re partnering with a reputable team of builders in Devon by paying attention to the following aspects:
Industry Experience Is Crucial
Regardless of the scope or size of your plans, it’s worth noting that the most renowned construction companies have been in business for upwards of 30 years and they are able to tout an extensive portfolio of successful undertakings.
Only Accredited Contractors Can Guarantee Desirable Results
Next, you’ll have to make sure that your builder of choice is a member of the Federation of Master Builders – just look for the red badge on the bottom of the company website.
Versatility and Adaptability
Last, but not least, you’ll have to ensure that your team of contractors can perform all of the following tasks on an in-house basis:
- Comprehensive refurbishments and renovations
- Building repairs, maintenance, and upkeep
- Robust joinery services, including casement windows, doors, bookcases, and other bespoke items
- Interior and exterior home extensions
- Barn conversions
- Top-to-bottom kitchen installations
- And more
With a knowledgeable, time-tested builder by your side, you’ll be able to establish a viable plan based on your home’s unique features as well as your personal budget, so be sure to schedule an onsite consultation as soon as possible.